Saturday 12 May 2012

Epson Moviemate Digital Projectors?


I also bought it from Projector people who recommended it. Excellent company and great service.


now that’s great customer service.
I could not be happier with the Epson 8350. Electric Projector screens here in Japan are also quite ridiculously priced, so I am buying the screen in the US as well. Electric screens in the 120 inch range here overseas are $ 1200 and up. USA $ 200-$ 300 for a solid Mustang or Favi. FAVI by the way has the worst customer service of all time. I ordered one a month ago, got a confirmation and expensive shipping (no problem~) and they never shipped it. Stick to a different vendor.

This was more than I had hoped for in a projector. It was impressive to see, and has a brilliant image.

I settled on the Cinema Mode and Eco Mode for night time movie viewing and by simply drawing my drapes during the day time, am able to have plenty of brightness from Normal Mode for day time movie viewing so far. I don’t have my cable box connected to this set up, so I have not tried watching sports or TV shows, but when I do, will provide and update to this review.
now that’s great customer service.

Huge-seriously four times as large as my old projector. Worth every square inch, IMHO, though.

This is a great projector and the price is right, I have nothing bad to say about this product. The picture is excellent, set up is easy. Very bright, easy to see even in a lighted room.

I bought this projector in May, 2011 and hooked it up in July. I have a semi dedicated theater so it can be pretty dark, with some indirect lighting installed. First off, make sure that the projector is centered to your screen from right to left and make sure it is level side to side and up/down as there is no keystoning feature, just lens shifts. The projector out of the box needed some tweaks to brightness and color, and I could not get the color correct with the preset modes. Luckily, color is adjustable. The picture color and quality is amazing I can’t say enough about it. Now the downside(for me anyway). I had about 900 hours on the factory lamp when it failed, a far cry from the 4000 projected life or the 2000 I was expecting with a 50% increase in brightness. My projector is in an area that gets good circulation and the fan and filter are still good. The only reason for failure was clearly a factory issue. Since the bulb is only warranted for 90 days, I was out of luck. With a cost to replace of over $ 200, I was quite disappointed. I am hoping that I dont go through lamps on this like I go through ink on my Epson printer.

There are settings on the projector that allowed me to place it at a convenient point in my living room allowing me to projected the image on my wall earmarked for the screen.

I finally got fed up and called Epson support. They asked a bunch of questions about the setup and before asking any kind of real diagnostic advice about the projector itself or my projector settings, they hear that I have a 50 foot HDMI cable and immediately point that as the root cause. I sigh and explain that I have had the exact setup for 3 years with a 720p projector and never once experienced this issue. They said something about syncing and that I need to find a shorter cable

This is a great projector and the price is right, I have nothing bad to say about this product. The picture is excellent, set up is easy. Very bright, easy to see even in a lighted room.

I could not be happier with the Epson 8350. Electric Projector screens here in Japan are also quite ridiculously priced, so I am buying the screen in the US as well. Electric screens in the 120 inch range here overseas are $ 1200 and up. USA $ 200-$ 300 for a solid Mustang or Favi. FAVI by the way has the worst customer service of all time. I ordered one a month ago, got a confirmation and expensive shipping (no problem~) and they never shipped it. Stick to a different vendor.

Next up, the ultimate test, real people’s faces in 1080p. For this test I used the Diana Krall in Rio disc. I knew this would be very tough, as there would be lots of close ups of the gorgeous Diana Krall up close, and her skin tone would show any trace of color distortion. Again, this unit did not disappoint. Her skin tone was flawlessly reproduced. No need whatsoever to tweak color level or tint at all. The piano keys were pearly white, and the deep, dark wood tones of her grand piano were likewise accurately reproduced.

I was looking into getting a Epson Moviemate Digital Projector — (possibly the 50 model), and was wondering how well it worked?

I was also wondering how well it can take abuse? Its portability feature is nice, but the constant pickup and setting down I’m worried will damage the DVD player. Any thoughts?
Epson Projectors

noimage2000
It should work pretty well even though Epson usually makes projectors for PC, not TV. If anything, the constant moving of the unit will mis-align the lens, bet should not damage the DVD player.
vicseo
Even though the Moviemate is an all-in-one LCD projector, you should consider the possibility that the DVD is subject to a lot of heat buildup from the project lamp next to it. I’d go with a separate component configuration so that there is some distance between the projection lamp and the DVD player. Also are you aware that this LCD projector is not very bright when measuring the cinema screen setting so your room must be very dark and you’ll have to reduce the overall image in order to preserve the limited initial brightness.

Perhaps consider a DLP projector which generally is brighter than a LCD projector overall.

Good luck!

Epson Projectors

No comments:

Post a Comment