Saturday 8 September 2012

Q&A: Which Computer(s) should I get?

Okay, so my Mom’s friend is offering me a 2009 iMac for $ 350, which is a good deal, but won’t last me as long if I get an up-to-date Macbook Pro. With the iMac deal I have money for everything I want: iMac, Macbook (2010 white), and she already has Office 2011, iWork, and iLife 2011! If I stick with hers, I’d still have around $ 200. The math:

Allowance by then (July-ish): $ 450
Step dad’s help with funding: $ 500
Ebay money: Selling stuff : $ 214
Total: $ 1164

With the total not including birthday money on June 10, money from grandparents, etc., I could get an up-to-date 2012 Macbook Pro (when they come out), without accessories + software, as seen from this point. My decisions:
Mom’s friend:
iMac+accesories = -$ 350
Macbook = -$ 650
Extras (OSX Mtn. Li) = -$ 100
Step dad help = +$ 500
Ebay money = +$ 200
Allowance = +$ 450
Total left: $ 50 (not including birthday money, as I said)

My own:
Macbook = -$ 1100 (student discount)
Extras (software, etc.) = -$ 250
Step dad help = +$ 500
Ebay money = +200
Allowance = +450
Total Left: = -200 (not including birthday money, as I said)

So I just might have enough for both, but which one should I get? iMac (packed) with Macbook or Macbook Pro. Though the iMac is a better deal, It won’t last me as long.
As of right now, I’m picking the iMac, because I get a desktop AND laptop
office student discount 2012.

?:go for imac will work same as other do.

Amit:imac is best

billy:mac book cause it never gets a viris and never crashes.

Mitchell Dee:lappy chart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5QdtEy-qao

No comments:

Post a Comment