Saturday 8 September 2012

Which airlines offer discounted rates for flights for emergencies like funerals?

discount flights for funerals

Do you know which airlines offer discounts when the flight will be taken for a funeral?
discount flights for funerals.

Winston Smith:None. If they ever did, they are too beleaguered for discounts now.

homeward07:ALL…but you need proof.

chicklette0008:I think all the airlines offer discounts but you need a copy of the death certificate.

I’m Not Lost:Most airlines have a bereavement rate. You just have to ask for it and provide proof. But usually do not give it to you unless it is an immediate family member. Granny, Dad, Sis, etc.

Paul McDonald:Pretty much all US carriers offer discount rates for funerals. Ask for the “Bereavment” rate and, if space is available, they will usually accomodate you. You’ll need the name of the deceased, the funeral home name and number, etc.

Sadly, I recently went through this not a month ago with American Airlines. They did a good job taking care of me.

One time, for me back in 1997, United Airlines refused to offer a bereavment rate for me. I only mention it now because, well, they hosed me on that one and I’m still a little bitter!

soccerknocker199:none, then everyone would say someone died and they have to get there. so yeah none.

northmiamibeach1975:None.

No comments:

Post a Comment