Monday 13 February 2012

Custom laptops can you help?

I’ll soon be making a biggish investment in a laptop for pro video editing capabilities and maybe some near to high end gaming (though that’s not a priority).

I’m looking for advice/suggestions or a site where I can build it.
If you can give me some suggestions as I’m no tech expert that would be greatly appreciated.
Things that I’m looking for in the custom:

- i7 (probably not extreme)
- 12GB memory

These seem to be the most crucial for heavy multitasking

I don’t have a concrete price but think around 2k for now.
I already have a desktop which I could upgrade to whatever is state of the art but I’ve had a lot of trouble taking it when moving from places(I haven’t had a static home for the past two years, and don’t plan to anytime soon)

Newegg.com is a great site to buy custom laptops. Or get on dell.com and use Build Your Own Laptop Tool.

Laptops are alot harder they tend to come already made because of how compact everything has to be. Your best bet id say is Dell but for what your doing a desktop would be the better option? Also its not just the i7 and 12GB you need to look at for video editing you need a big Cache and alot of hard drive space. Try Dell i find them very easy to use and reliable. Often if you ring them they will give you either a better price or an upgrade.

you can get an alienware laptop you can always upgrade the ram yourself!!

Dell/Alienware are terrible, if you buy a dell you will likely not be able to upgrade it, and they have a horrible reputation. The alienware models are extremely overpriced, try this site: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/
I bought my gaming rig there, and it’s amazing.

I would Prefers to go with Buy i have ASUS N53JQ-XC1 computer for almost two weeks now, and it is great, it works perfectly in my work and is exellecnt for playing, i was a little bit worried about the other reviews mentioning the keyboard a little spongie, but i think is really confortable, is a great deal if you buy this product.

and toshiba portege tablet

toshiba portege m400 tablet get I want to buy a custom laptop that has everything , so I can play games, watch movies, surf the internet, ect. So what’s the best site to make a custom laptop from?

xoticpc.com

First off, you need to be more detailed than that. There are several laptops out there that are “stock” that may handle what you need.

Here are the basic steps when deciding to purchase a laptop.

1. set budget
2. determine purpose
3. determine specs required for purpose
4. choose brand/model
5. purchase and enjoy

Since you’d like a laptop that will do everything, the saying goes “gaming laptops after all, are just like any regular laptop, except they’re really powerful laptops”

The best laptop that you can get for “everything” would be for $ 1300. That is the Asus g73jh. The only competitor to that is the Alienware m17x maxed out, but that would be around 4-5k.

The asus g73jh is an extremely powerful laptop, and the best money-to-power ratio for it’s price.

No comments:

Post a Comment