Wednesday 8 February 2012

What PC manufacturer is best for custom-made laptops?

Would you say Dell? Or which one? I want order a good laptop or one that I can customize.

Alienware

Well, it depends on what you want… IF you want a customized gaming computer alienware offers a wide variety of cuztomizations. If you really have alot of money i would recommend going to Origin computers. Origin computers makes gaming desktops and laptops and offers a wide selection of customization as well (for a hefty price). Those are pretty much the only companies that give you the ability to customize your computer. Alienware is owned by Dell so its possible that other Dell computers have th capability of being cuztomized.

and toshiba android tablet

toshiba m200 tablet get My parents have kept almost everything from my undergraduate and graduate years in school, and I would like my parents to send some of those things over to Korea. (textbooks, clothing, ETC…) However, what I am worried about are my laptops?

That’s up to Korean Customs. You’ll have to ask them. Korea has been famous (or infamous depending upon your position) for extremely high protectionist tariffs on goods imported to the country. Things have slackened off somewhat in the past 10 years but they still are not where they need to be.

Most products that are also made (competing items included) in Korea are going to attract heavy duties, based on current prices for new items.
It is likely impractical to import used items.

My advice is have the things shipped to your work place. Tell your parents to label the box, “clothing, used books, educational materials”. For a used laptop, they should not charge you, but for a new one they will. I brought a brand new one with me when I came back last year (granted it wasn’t in the package) and there was no questions asked. If you have it shipped to your work place there should be no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment